HAPPY 240th BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!

One year ago I was experiencing my first Fourth of July , while in the United States of America for my first time with a real Am...



One year ago I was experiencing my first Fourth of July, while in the United States of America for my first time with a real American Family. A so kind-hearted and thoughtful family that they hosted several exchange students to their home to watch a baseball match and have a blue, white and red traditional celebration.

I miss the United States very deeply and for sure I plan to go back whenever the opportunity arises. But, for now I can only be surrendered with the memories of my magical and unforgettable journey.


Há precisamente um ano encontrava-me a celebrar o meu primeiro Quatro de Julho com uma verdadeira família Americana, aquando da primeira viagem aos Estados Unidos da América. A família que nos acolheu durante o feriado é uma família tão bondosa e atenciosa, que convidou vários alunos de intercâmbio para o seu lar, para assistir a um jogo de basebol e ter uma comemoração azul, branca e vermelha, o mais tradicional possível!

Tenho imensas saudades dos Estados Unidos e com certeza planeio lá regressar assim que surgir a oportunidade. No entanto, por agora rodeio-me com as memórias da minha mágica e inesquecível viagem.

It's Snapchat time all the time! In the middle: Kim Sawyer, with me on the right Alexandre de Lima.



This year, I commemorated the 240th anniversary of the Independence Day of the United States of America at the US Embassy in Lisbon. Unfortunately, I could not take many pictures of the event because it was not allowed by security rules. Above all, it was a fantastic night and with Uncle Sam wandering around the US Embassy garden, American English being spoken everywhere it almost seemed that we were in the United States, if it was not for the fact that there were no fireworks. Furthermore, I met very interesting and prominent people, from the U.S. Ambassador Robert Sherman and Ms. Kim Sawyer, to the very sweet wife of the Panama Ambassador’s.




Este ano, o 240º aniversário do Dia da Independência dos Estados Unidos da América foi festejado na Embaixada Americana em Lisboa. Infelizmente, não pude tirar muitas fotografias do evento, pois não era permitido por normas de segurança. Acima de tudo, foi uma noite fantástica, com o Tio Sam a passear pelo jardim da Embaixada, American-English a ser falado por todo o lado, se não fosse pela falta do fogo de artificio, quase que poderia dizer que me encontrava nos EUA. Como sempre, conheci pessoas extremamente interessantes e marcantes, desde o Embaixador dos E.U.A. Robert Sherman e a Ms. Kim Sawyer, até à queridíssima esposa do Embaixador do Panamá.



Cheers!

Em

You Might Also Like

0 comments

PLAYING

UA-88256336-1